We are looking for a smart and ambitious Web developer & Multimedia Designer that will be responsible for developing and contributing to the design of our company WordPress websites. You will be working together with our marketing team to ensure that the website and relevant artwork gets executed according to CI, scope and industry best practice. As part of the role there will be a design requirement which will require multi-media skill to design a range of artwork such as, but not limited to video, GIFs and images.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web development/ Multi-media / related field, or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years WordPress development experience is required.
- Experience in creating custom components in WordPress.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Proficient technical SEO knowledge/experience.
- Experience with Adobe Suite, SEO tools, Google Search Console, Google Analytics and other behaviour analytic tools. (Figma, Hotjar and UberSuggest, preferred but not required).
- Hands-on interaction design, user research and technology skills.
- Have real interaction design ability is a must who can create professional level wireframes, who understands the nuances across desktop, tablet and mobile, and who understands the lean UX process inside and out.
- Ability to work to own initiative and taking full responsibility for aspects of a project.
- Ability to turn projects around with tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to work across a range of teams.
- Website designing, building, and maintenance.
- Working within the team to resolve website issues, prioritise needs and identify gaps.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analysing technical requirements, customer interactions and industry trends.
- Designing artwork for various mediums such as the website, email, print or social media.
- User journey mapping
- Wireframing and prototyping
- You should be personable and enjoy engaging and connecting with others.
- You should be ready to get your hands dirty – we are a small team moving quickly in its early stages of the market which means working with limited resources to achieve our targets. This means being able to manage the plan and execute it as well.
Be a part of our close-knit team