We are looking for a technically skilled individual that has the ability to solve network related issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. Generally, email and chat applications will be used to resolve IT-related issues. However, for more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, one would need to contact via phone/communication platforms (Zoom) and/or provide clear written instructions. Other focus areas of this role would be to configure, administrate, monitor and maintain our continuous integration and source control areas. You will need to be helpful and supportive to your team and fellow developers. There would be room to transition into the role of helping to improve communication and software deployment within the entire organisation.
- BSc degree/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is an advantage.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Zendesk).
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Hands-on experience in a junior DevOps role or similar responsibilities would be an added advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Analytical Skills.
- Sound Work Ethic.
- Research and identify solutions relating to software and hardware issues.
- Monitor our production systems dashboard.
- Track computer system issues through to resolution in a timely manner.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration.
- Quickly understand the root causes of problems identified.
- Talk staff through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (eg. software developers).
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Log issues that need attending to.
- Manage several open issues at one time.
- Follow up internally to ensure IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting.
- Documenting of technical knowledge.
Be a part of our close-knit team
Our focus is on growth, learning, and collaboration both within the technical team and across the entire company. With a culture of open and honest feedback, you’ll quickly become integral to an empathetic and deeply introspective team.