This is a rare opportunity to join the team of an incredibly inspiring, Silicon Valley backed company that is growing rapidly in South Africa and the USA. As a Senior Product Designer, you will focus on interpreting business goals and customer needs to translate them into compelling, elegant, and engaging experiences. You will need to be an ambitious, proven designer with a passion for technology and a drive to make a difference.
But we only hire the best. Is this you? We are looking forward to getting to know you better.
How can you make a difference?
At DocFox, our goal is to make money laundering impossible. No small thing, right? You’ll join our agile product team while working on our DocFox web application. You’ll help us develop systems and processes that deliver efficient top-notch, dare we say “life-changing”, experiences to our customers.
The success of a Senior Product Designer at DocFox hinges upon the ability to approach design as holistic problem solving for both customers and business goals. We work collaboratively here and you’ll listen to ideas, questions, and critiques from teammates with grace and patience. That said, you know your stuff and can eloquently and logically explain design decisions. You see this type of exchange as critical to the success of yourself and our product: it is through sharing ideas and being open to the brilliance of others that we arrive at the best solutions.
- A keen curiosity for identifying “human” needs, defining clear solutions, and delivering those through visual problem-solving.
- Leading the way with talking to customers in usability interviews and testing to validate ideas to achieve a high-quality experience.
- The flexibility to design in low & high fidelity wireframing or prototyping, as well as evaluating the most efficient process for the job at hand.
- The ability to integrate feedback, validate ideas and iterate on features while working in cross-functional teams made up of developers, product managers, marketers, and customer-facing team members.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for collaborating with others and presenting ideas or insights.
- The ability to shepherd your work from ideation to release.
- A passion for leading and mentoring less experienced product designers while finding ways to improve internal processes.
Nice to haves:
- You have a social media presence and a solid up to date portfolio including Dribbble, Behanceor equivalent.
- You have used a variety of research methods such as interviews, market research, user testing; this is also presented in your portfolio.
- You have a strong eye for branding and advocate for consistency.
- You’re able to create meaningful illustrations and add flair through interaction/motion design.
- You are familiar with DocFox’s design tools, such as the Figma, Miro & good, old-fashioned pen & paper; you are open to learning new ones.
DocFox is an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to be critical to our success and are passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive, and collaborative environment for all employees. All are encouraged to apply as we continue to grow a smart, hard-working, and diverse team who love working together to build something that matters.
Be a part of our close-knit team
Our focus is on growth, learning, and collaboration both within the technical team and across the entire company. With a culture of open and honest feedback, you’ll quickly become integral to an empathetic and deeply introspective team.