If you live and breathe product, we need to talk. This is a role that will draw on your faculties of curiosity, empathy and creativity and will require you to elicit the best out of your own character and those in your team.
A typical day in the life of a DocFox product manager might look like:
- 9 am: Co-create wireframes with a product designer.
- 11 am: Call several clients and show them the first draft of the wireframes while rapidly iterating in-between calls.
- 1 pm: Collaborate with engineers to discuss how the feature can be implemented and what tradeoffs and alternatives are available.
- 2 pm: Join a call with our customer success, sales and marketing team to discuss how the feature can be sold, marketed and supported once released.
- 3 pm: Find a 3rd-party service to perform part of the feature’s functional specification – this is a response to the engineers who have highlighted the complexity of building a particular component in-house.
- 5 pm: Trial a potential 3rd party solution, which includes interacting with their API.
- The next day: Meet with the engineers to present the 3rd party component, sign-off on feature specification and then join the marketing team in generating the collateral to market the new feature.
While this might seem highly-accelerated and somewhat far-fetched, this actually happened! If the above example appeals to you, then we might be the right fit. We expect you to move fast, measure the results of your efforts, learn from them and then go at it again. You will be responsible for everything that’s needed to build the product, with the exception of writing the production code. This role will require you to get your hands dirty and there is no task that is beneath you.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Product Management space.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge and understanding within the Fintech space.
- Relentless curiosity.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communicator.
- Highly analytical.
- Strong work ethic
- User feedback – collection and organisation.
- Feature prototyping and testing.
- Outreach to and technical investigation of 3rd party solution providers.
- Technical feature specification & assurance of consistency.
- Communication both within the organisation as well as to external stakeholders regarding any aspect of product development.
Be a part of our close-knit team
Our focus is on growth, learning, and collaboration both within the technical team and across the entire company. With a culture of open and honest feedback, you’ll quickly become integral to an empathetic and deeply introspective team.